- About Us
- Ways To Give
- Our Programs
- The COPD Crisis
BREATHE LA planned giving and gift annuities offer an opportunity to meet your philanthropic goals with favorable tax advantages.
Over the years, the generosity of our supporters has made it possible for BREATHE California of Los Angeles County (BREATHE LA) to have an impact in promoting Clean Air and Healthy Lungs. Many of our supporters have enjoyed making outright gifts of cash. Occasionally stocks and bonds have also been donated.
While outright gifts provide important tax benefits, some supporters have found that a future gift (planned giving) via a Will or Trust enabled them to maximize their gift to BREATHE LA. Please see the charitable gift annuity example below.
Planned Giving is a technique that helps you maximize the personal benefits of your charitable giving and allows you to make gifts you might have thought impossible.
The government honors and encourages the spirit of giving by allowing significant tax deductions on gifts made to qualified charitable organizations like BREATHE LA.
Planned giving is merely a way to make a gift and also enjoy the benefits of lowering your income taxes.
You can enjoy these tax savings while turning appreciated assets into an income for yourself or others. Planned giving is a tool that will help us fight lung disease and enhances your financial plans and security.
There are many planning tools that can be used individually or in combination to help plan charitable gifts while achieving other important financial and Estate Planning goals.
PLANS OF GIVING
- Provisions by Will - Charitable bequests
- Charitable remainder Annuity Trust (CRAT)
- Charitable remainder Unitrust (CRUT)
- Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA)
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Revocable Living Trust
- Gift of Retirement Plans
Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA)
Through a charitable gift annuity, you can make a gift to BLA and received fixed annual payments for life. The payment amount is based on the age(s) of the payment recipient(s) when the gift is completed, the older the recipient(s), the larger the payments.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR TAX SAVINGS THROUGH A CGA
- A portion of the amount contributes for a gift annuity is deductible for federal income tax purposes.
- There can be additional income tax savings depending on your state of residence
- Capital gain tax can be avoided or delayed when property that has increased in value is used to fund a gift annuity.
- Gift annuity payments can be taxed more favorably than many other sources of income.
- There is no limit to the amount deductible from federal estate tax for charitable gifts.
- Assets used to fund gift annuities are typically removed from your taxable estate.
- Gift taxes may be incurred in some cases where a gift annuity is created for someone other than a spouse.
Your gift to BREATHE LA now, before December 31st, will do more than fight lung disease and create a clean air future. It can save you money on taxes.
The gratitude of those whose lives you have touched prove that it is, indeed, greater to give than to receive. Giving is its own reward...but, it is not the only reward